Like this title? Start a Reading List with others like it!
1. Introduction–David A. Bell and Martha Hanna
2. The Experience and Culture of War in the Eighteenth Century: The British Raids on the Breton Coast, 1758–David Hopkin, Yann Lagadec, and Stéphane Perréon
3. War and Terror: The Law of Nations from Grotius to the French Revolution–Dan Edelstein
4. In the Land of Joan of Arc: The Civic Education of Girls and the Prospect of War in France, 1871-1914–Margaret H. Darrow
5. The Consumers' War: Paris, 1914-1918–Tyler Stovall
6. "They Are Undesirables": Local and National Responses to Gypsies during World War II–Shannon L. Fogg
8. Recent Books and Dissertations on French History–Sarah Sussman
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to email@example.com.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.