Registered members may receive e-mail updates on the subjects of their choice.
1. Introduction–Brian Kane
2. Dear Stanley–Dmitri Tymoczko
3. Music Recomposed: Remarks on the History of the Same–Lawrence Kramer
4. Stanley Cavell on Modern Music: "Music Discomposed" and "A Matter of Meaning It" after Forty Years–Franklin Cox
5. Fraudulence and the Gift Economy of Music–Eric Drott
6. Philosophy Recomposed: Stanley Cavell and the Critique of New Music–Amy Bauer
7. You're There and You're Not There: Musical Borrowing and Cavell's "Way"–Richard Beaudoin
8. Cavell and Deleuze–Michael Gallope
9. "We Look Away and Leap Around": Music, Ethics, and the Transcendental in Cavell and Adorno–Stephen Decatur Smith
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact email@example.com. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.