Customer Relations Rep. (temporary)
This position contributes to the overall revenue goals of Duke University Press by providing excellent customer service and advocating for customer needs, as well as by establishing and maintaining relationships with DUP customers.
If Interested Please Reply by Emailing Your Resume & Cover Letter
Apply for this Job >
Job DescriptionI. Customer Communication and Order Processing
II. Fulfillment & Processing of Orders and Customer Information
- Receive and process customer orders for Press products, including books and journals
- Become knowledgeable about Press products and continually update that knowledge through the Press web site, marketing materials, and internal meetings
- Serve as a primary representative of the Press and its products to customers; interact with wide audience including faculty, students, book and journal editors, authors, institutions, bookstores, and subscription agents
- Communicate diplomatically and tactfully with diverse customer base via in-bound and out-bound phone calls, e-mail, fax, and written correspondence
- Adhere to communication protocols and standards of service excellence
- Assist customers by answering product and service questions
- Gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions to difficulties; obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
- Resolve customer or service problems; clarify customer complaints, select and explain solution, and escalate to supervisor as necessary
- Suggest other products or services based on customer orders; answer general inquiries regarding access, online subscriptions, and IP address updates
III. Process Gratis & Pre-paid Orders According to Departmental Protocols
- Maintain accurate account and order information
- Update and enter new information
- Process trials and special deals for international and collection customers
- Identify appropriate pricing tiers and/or World Bank status for institutional customers
- Adhere to compliance standards for processing credit card orders
- Adhere to established discount schedules for trade and course orders
- Work with DUP warehouse staff to resolve questions regarding outbound shipments
- Knowledge of basic grammar, math and clerical principles normally acquired through a high school education.
- Work requires two years of related customer service/fulfillment experience to become familiar with accepted office, organization, and communications practices.
- Proven ability to contribute productively in a team environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; excellent reading comprehension
- Detail-oriented; time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Basic mathematical skills
- Microsoft Office
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.