In accordance with a formal joint venture agreement, signed in March 2008, Duke University Press and Cornell University Library together have been managing Project Euclid, an online platform for mathematics and statistics journals.
Project Euclid's mission is to provide powerful, low-cost online hosting and publishing services for theoretical and applied mathematics and statistics scholarship worldwide. As a nonprofit, community-driven international partnership of academic libraries, independent and society scholarly publishers, and scholars, Project Euclid actively supports broad, sustainable access to this scholarship.
Read “The Coefficient Partnership: Project Euclid, Cornell University Library and Duke University Press” to learn more about Duke University Press’s involvement with Project Euclid.
MSP (Mathematical Sciences Publishers), Project Euclid, and Duke University Press have partnered to offer MSP on Euclid, a collection of the same eleven journals published and sold as a bundle by MSP but now enhanced by the functionality of the Project Euclid platform. MSP on Euclid is an alternative way of purchasing and accessing this electronic collection of MSP titles.
The MSP on Euclid partnership brings together:
- MSP's high-quality peer-reviewed journals
- Duke University Press's institutional sales and customer support
- Project Euclid's rich hosting environment and functionality, including COUNTER usage statistics
Alloy: A Publishing Services Alliance
Alloy: A Publishing Services Alliance combines the nonprofit publishing expertise of Duke University Press, MSP, and Project Euclid. Alloy was forged with two goals in mind: to offer your journal the finest suite of publishing services available in the field and to allow you and your journal to be treated as a true partner, not just another client.
Alloy could be a great fit for you and your journal if
- you could use support services but wish to remain the sole, independent publisher;
- you would rather concentrate on publishing great mathematics than spend time typesetting articles, preparing metadata, or maintaining subscriber lists;
- you are looking for a well-coordinated one-stop shop covering the entire publication process in one agreement;
- you value sustainable publishing practices and want to collaborate with like-minded partners.
Editing, Production, and Editorial Management from MSP
Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relations from Duke University Press
- copyediting from mathematics PhDs
- deep experience with the latest LaTeX composition tools
- EditFlow, a web-based peer-review system
Online Presence from Project Euclid
- customized design and effective marketing
- international library sales
- subscription fulfillment
- exceptional customer service
- a platform designed for mathematicians and statisticians
- feature-rich digital hosting and discovery services
- multiple access models
- robust library administration tools
To learn more about Alloy, contact us. We will explore multiple business models to find the best way to collaborate, including simple fee-for-services arrangements or revenue-sharing partnerships.