Sign up for new title announcements and special offers.
1. Travel Writing and the Metropolis: James, London, and English Hours–Brigitte Bailey
2. Wheatley's Turns of Praise: Heroic Entrapment and the Paradox of Revolution–Carla Willard
3. Modern Chivalry and the Resistance to Textual Authority–Grantland S. Rice
4. An Epic with a Difference: Sexual Politics in Gwendolyn Brook's "The Anniad"–Ann Folwell Stanford
5. Noctography: Representing Race in William Prescott's History of the Conquest of Mexico–Eric Wertheimer
6. Snapshots of the Absolute: Mediamachia in Let Us Now Praise Famous Men–Peter Cosgrove
7. Race, Power, and Cultural Politics in John Okada's No-No Boy–Jinqi Ling
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to email@example.com.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.