Sign up for new title announcements and special offers.
1. Conquest and Recovery in Early Writings from America–Larzer Ziff
2. The Lexicon of Rights, Power, and Community in Blake: Martin R. Delany's Dissent from Dred Scott–Gregg D. Crance
3. Benevolent Maternalism and Physically Disabled Figures: Dilemmas of Female in Stowe, Davis, and Phelps–Rosemarie Garland Thomson
4. Children of Legba: Muscians at the Crossroads in Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man–Thomas F. Marvin
5. Hero with Two Faces: The Lone Ranger as Treaty Discourse–Chadwick Allen
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact email@example.com. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.