Sign up for new title announcements and special offers.
1. The Metamorphoses of an Ojibwa Manido–Victoria Brehm
2. Fireside Chastity: The Erotics of Sentimental Bachelorhood in the 1850s–Vincent J. Bertolini
3. The Impossibility of Seduction in James's Roderick Hudson and The Tragic Muse–Christopher Lane
4. New Wives for Old: Divorce and the Leisure–Class Marriage Market in Edith Wharton's The Custom of the Country–Debra Ann MacComb
5. Politics and Rhetoric in the Novel in the 1930s–William Solomon
6. Montage of an Otherness Deferred: Dreaming Subjectivity in Langston Hughes–David R. Jarraway
Index to Volume
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact email@example.com. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.