Sign up for new title announcements and special offers.
1. A Soliloquy "Lately Spoken at the African Theatre": Race and the Public Sphere in New York City, 1821–Michael Warner, Natasha Hurley, Luis Iglesias, Sonia Di Loreto, Jeffrey Scraba, and Sandra Young
2. American Imperialism UnManifest: Emerson's "Inquest" and Cultural Regeneration–Jenine Abboushi Dallal
3. Intimate Nationality: Anonymity and Attachment in Whitman–Peter Coviello
4. Fictions of the Panopticon: Prison Utopia, and the Out-Penitent in the Works of Nathaniel Hawthorne–E. Shaskan Bumas
5. 'Of Me and of Mine': The Music of Racial Identity in Whitman and Lanier, Dvořák and DuBois–Jack Kerkering
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact email@example.com. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.