Find us on Facebook.
1. "To Explain Grace Requires a Curious Hand": Marianne Moore's Interdisciplinary Digressions–Srikanth Reddy
2. The Poetics of Peripheralization: Faulkner and the Question of the Postcolonial–Hosam Aboul-Ela
3. Resonant Presence: Legal Narratives and Literary Space in the Poetry of Early Chinese Immigrants–Peter Kvidera
4. A Bridge of Difference: Sherman Alexie and the Politics of Mourning–Laura Arnold Leibman
5. Conjuring the Mysteries of Slavery: Voodoo, Fetishism, and Stereotype in Ishmael Reed's Flight to Canada–Glenda R. Carpio
6. John Barth's Occasional Writing: The Institutional Construction of Postmodernism in The Friday Book–Daniel Punday
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to email@example.com.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.