View author and book videos on our YouTube channel.
1. Guest Editors’ Introduction–Esther C. M. Yau and Kyung Hyun Kim
2. Spectral Times: The Ghost Film as Historical Allegory–Bliss Cua Lim
3. Third Cinema in a Global Frame: Curacha, Yahoo!, and Manila by Night–Jonathan Beller
4. Male Crisis in New Korean Cinema: Reading the Early Films of Park Kwang-su–Kyung Hyun Kim
5. Cinema Frames, Videoscapes, and Cyberspace: Exploring Shu Lea Cheang’s Fresh Kill–Gina Marchetti
6. Queerscapes in Contemporary Hong Kong Cinema–Helen Hok-sze Leung
7. Claiming Sites of Independence: Articulating Hysteria in Pak Ch’ul-su’s 301/302 (1995)–Joan Kee
8. Confronting Master Narratives: History as Vision in Miyazaki Hayao’s Cinema of De-assurance–Susan Napier
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact email@example.com. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.
Contributors. Jonathan Beller, Joan Kee, Kyung Hyun Kim, Helen Hok-sze Leung, Bliss Cau Lim, Gina Marchetti, Susan Napier, Esther C. M. Yau
Sign up for Subject Matters email updates to receive discounts, new book announcements, and more.