Susan Murray is Associate Professor of Media, Culture, and Communication at New York University, the author of Hitch Your Antenna to the Stars: Early Television and Broadcast Stardom, and the coeditor of Reality TV: Remaking Television Culture.
1. "And Now—Color": Early Color Systems 11
2. Natural Vision Versus "Tele-Vision": Defining and Standardizing Color 34
3. Color Adjustments: Experiments, Calibrations, and Color Training, 1950–1955 86
4. Colortown, USA: Expansion, Stabilization, and Promotion, 1955–1959 127
5. The Wonderful World of Color: Network Programming and the Spectacular Real, 1960–1965 176
6. At the End of the Rainbow: Global Expansion, the Space Race, and the Cold War 217
Winner of the 2019 Katherine Singer Kovács Book Award, presented by the Society for Cinema and Media Studies.