Susan Murray is Associate Professor of Media, Culture, and Communication at New York University, the author of Hitch Your Antenna to the Stars: Early Television and Broadcast Stardom, and the coeditor of Reality TV: Remaking Television Culture.
1. "And Now—Color": Early Color Systems 11
2. Natural Vision Versus "Tele-Vision": Defining and Standardizing Color 34
3. Color Adjustments: Experiments, Calibrations, and Color Training, 1950–1955 86
4. Colortown, USA: Expansion, Stabilization, and Promotion, 1955–1959 127
5. The Wonderful World of Color: Network Programming and the Spectacular Real, 1960–1965 176
6. At the End of the Rainbow: Global Expansion, the Space Race, and the Cold War 217
Winner of the 2019 Katherine Singer Kovács Book Award, presented by the Society for Cinema and Media Studies.
Winner of the 2019 Michael Nelson Prize, presented by the International Association for Media and History
Paper ISBN: 978-0-8223-7130-4
Cloth ISBN: 978-0-8223-7121-2