Follow us on Instagram.
1. Editor's Note—Mark A. Peterson
2. Politics Matters! Health Care Policy and the Federal System—Stephen M. Davidson
3. State Health Policy Analysis: On the Abuse of Metaphor and the Pathology of Variation—Howard Leichter
4. Books Received
5. News and Notes—David Warren
6. News from Affiliated Organizations
8. New Federalism and Intergovernmental Fiscal Relationships: The Implications for Health Policy—Thomas J. Anton
9. Translating Ideas into Actions: Entrepreneurial Leadership in State Health Care Reforms—Thomas R. Oliver and Pamela Paul-Shaheen
10. Laboratories and the Health Care Marketplace: The Limits of State Workforce Policy—Michael S. Sparer
11. The Medicaid Managed Care Policy Consensus for Welfare Recipients: A Reflection of Traditional Welfare Concerns—Colleen M. Grogan
12. Medicaid and the Politics of Groups: Recipients, Providers, and Policy Making—Karl Kronebusch
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to email@example.com.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.
Sign up for Subject Matters email updates to receive discounts, new book announcements, and more.