View author and book videos on our YouTube channel.
1. Editor’s Note—Mark A. Peterson
2. News and Notes—David G. Warren
3. News from Affiliated Organizations
5. Paradigms Lost: The Persisting Search for Community in U.S. Health Policy—Mark Schlesinger
6. Enemies of the People: The Moral Dimension to Public Health—James A. Morone
7. Community Control in a World of Regional Delivery Systems—Bruce Spitz
8. Community Experiments in Action: Developing Community-Defined Models for Reconfiguring Health Care Delivery—Richard J. Bogue, Mazda Antia, Rita Harmata, and Claude H. Hall, Jr.
9. The Limits of Social Learning: Translating Analysis into Action—Mark A. Peterson
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to email@example.com.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.
Sign up for Subject Matters email updates to receive discounts, new book announcements, and more.