Hershini Bhana Young is Associate Professor of English at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, and the author of Haunting Capital: Memory, Text, and the Black Diasporic Body.
1. Returning to Hankey: Sarah Baartman and Endless Repatriations 29
2. "Force Refigured as Consent": The Strange Case of Tryntjie of Madagascar 73
3. Performing Debility: Joice Heth and Miss Landmine Angola 109
4. Slow Death: "Indian" Performances of Indenture and Slavery 149
5. Becoming Undone: Performances of Vulnerability 181
Paper ISBN: 978-0-8223-6320-0
Cloth ISBN: 978-0-8223-6309-5