Follow us on Instagram.
1. Editor’s Note–Mark A. Peterson
2. Paying for Medicare: Benefits, Budgets, and Wilbur Mills's Policy Legacy–Eric Patashnik, Julian Zelizer
3. The Social Roles of Medicare: Assessing Medicare's Collateral Benefits–Michael Gusmano, Mark Schlesinger
4. The Medicare Cost Report and the Limits of Hospital Accountability: Improving Financial Accounting Data–Nancy M. Kane, Stephen A. Magnus
Report from the Field
5. How Not to Think about Medicare Reform–Theodore R. Marmor
Review Symposium on The Politics of Medicare: A Thirty Year Retrospective on Ted Marmor’s Classic Work
6. Book Review Editor's Introduction–David M. Frankford
7. A Tale of Two Editions: Marmor's The Politics of Medicare and the Study of Health Politics after Thirty Years–Jacob S. Hacker
8. Political Analysis and Medical Care: The Politics of Medicare Reconsidered–Jonathan Oberlander
9. Lasting Impact–Mark A. Peterson
10. Medicare and the Politics of Incrementalism–Bruce C. Vladeck
11. The Politics of Medicare North and South–Carolyn Hughes Tuohy
12. Comments on JHPPL Review Symposium–Theodore R. Marmor
13. Medicare: Issues in Political Economy by Ronald J. Vogel–Jonathan Oberlander
14. Books Received
15. News and Notes
16. News from Affiliated Organizations
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact email@example.com. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.
Contributors. Michael Gusmano, Jacob Hacker, Nancy M. Kane, Stephen A. Magnus, Theodore Marmor, Jonathan Oberlander, Eric M. Patashnik, Mark A. Peterson, Mark J. Schlesinger, Carolyn Tuohy, Bruce Vladeck, Julian Zelizer
Sign up for Subject Matters email updates to receive discounts, new book announcements, and more.