Jairus Victor Grove is Associate Professor of Political Science and director of the Hawai‘i Research Center for Future Studies at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa.
Aphorisms for a New Realism 29
Part I. The Great Homogenization
1. The Anthropocene as a Geopolitical Fact 35
2. War as a Form of Life 59
3. From Exhaustion to Annihilation: A Martial Ecology of the Eurocene 79
Part II. Operational Spaces
4. Bombs: An Insurgency of Things 113
5. Blood: Vital Logistics 139
6. Brains: We Are Not Who We Are 159
7. Three Images of Transformation as Homogenization 191
Part III. Must We Persist to Continue?
8. Apocalypse as a Theory of Change 229
9. Freaks or the Incipience of Other Forms of Life 249
Conclusion. Ratio feritas: From Critical Responsiveness to Making New Forms of Life 273
The End: Visions of Los Angeles, California, 2061 281