Chris S. Duvall is Associate Professor of Geography and Environmental Studies at the University of New Mexico and author of Cannabis.
Part I. Introduction: Pay Attention to African Cannabis
1. Cannabis and Africa 3
2. Race and Plant Evolution 33
Part II. Evidence: How Cannabis Came to Africa, What Happened to it There, and How It Crossed the Atlantic
3. Roots of African Cannabis Cultures 53
4. Cannabis Colonizes the Continent 72
5. A Convenient Crop 95
6. Society Overturned: The Bena Riamba 112
7. Cannabis Crosses the Atlantic 125
Part III. Discussion and Conclusions: What Carried Cannabis?
8. Working under the Influence 159
9. Buying and Banning 184
10. Rethinking Marijuana 216