We offer our books in print and electronic formats. Single titles of Duke e-books are available from select vendors, including Dawson Books, EBSCO, and ProQuest.
Librarians can order print books directly from us at Browse by Subject. Duke University Press books are also available through wholesalers and retail booksellers.
Duke e-books are also available for purchase through these products:
e-Book Subject Collections
As with all Duke University Press e-book titles hosted on read.dukeupress.edu, users can enjoy terms adhering to the main principles of the Charlotte Initiative.
- DRM-free: users can print, read online, and download PDFs by chapter
- Unlimited multiuser access
- Tiered discounting
- No ongoing maintenance fees
- COUNTER-compliant usage statistics
- MARC records created by catalogers at Duke University Libraries included at no additional charge
About our e-Books
We publish around 120 books every year, featuring cutting-edge scholarship in the humanities and social sciences. Our books win major awards, including the Lionel Trilling Book Prize, the Katherine Singer Kovacs Award, the Woody Guthrie Award, the Bryce Wood Book Award, the Clifford Geertz Prize, the Ruth Benedict Prize, the Sara A. Whaley Prize, the Lambda Literary Award, the Bolton-Johnson Prize, and many others.
Our books are for both scholars and the general public and focus on the following fields:
- African studies
- African American studies
- American studies
- Art and art history
- Asian studies
- Asian American studies
- Chicanx/Latinx studies
- Cultural studies
- Film/TV studies
- Indigenous and Native American studies
- Political and social theory
- Queer theory/GLBT studies
- Science studies
- Women's/gender studies