Founded more than a century ago, the American Dialect Society is dedicated to the study of the English language in North America and in other parts of the world, including the study of other languages, or dialects of other languages, that influence or are influenced by the English language.
Benefits of Membership
- One-year subscription to American Speech (four issues), one of the foremost publications in the field of linguistics and dialectology since its founding in 1925
- Free online access to current and back issues of American Speech through a combination of read.dukeupress.edu/american-speech and JSTOR
- The opportunity to present a paper or serve as chair or discussant for conference sessions at the ADS annual meeting
- A complimentary copy of the annual monograph Publication of the American Dialect Society (PADS), which presents longer works by American Dialect Society members
- Connection to an invaluable forum of dialectologists, sociolinguists, and other scholars interested in the study of the English language
For more information, please visit the American Dialect Society's Web site.