Hansjörg Dilger is Professor of Social and Cultural Anthropology at Freie Universität Berlin.
Astrid Bochow is Senior Researcher at the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.
Marian Burchardt is Professor of Sociology at Leipzig University.
Matthew Wilhelm-Solomon is Lecturer of Social Anthropology at the University of the Witwatersrand.
Introduction. Affective Trajectories in Religious African Cityscapes / Hansjörg Dilger, Marian Burchardt, Mathew Wilhelm-Solomon, and Astrid Bochow
Part I. Affective Infrastructures
1. Affective Regenerations: Intimacy, Cleansing, and Mourning in and around Johannesburg's Dark Buildings / Matthew Wilhelm-Solomon
2. Emotions as Affective Trajectories of Belief in Mwari (God) among Masowe Apostles in Urban Zimbabwe / Isabel Mukonyora
3. The Sites of Divine Encounter: Affective Religious Spaces and Sensational Practices in Christ Embassy and NASFAT in the City of Abuja / Murtala Ibrahim
4. Religious Sophistication in African Pentecostalism: An Urban Spirit? Rijk Van Dijk
Part II. Emotions on the Move
5. Affective Routes of Healing: Navigating Paths of Recovery in Urban and Rural West Africa / Isabelle L. Lange
6. The Cleansing Touch: Spirits, Atmospheres, and Attouchment in a "Japanese" Spiritual Movement in Kinshasa / Peter Lambertz
7. Learning How to Feel: Emotional Repertoires of Nigerian and Congolese Pentecostal Pastors in the Diaspora / Rafael Cazarin and Marian Burchardt
Part III. Embodiment, Subjectivity, and Belonging
8. "Those Who Pray Together": — Religious Practice, Affect, and Dissent among Muslims in Asante (Ghana) / Benedikt Pontzen
9. Longing for Connection: Christian Education and Emerging Urban Lifestyles in Botswana / Astrid Bochow
10. "Here, Here Is a Place Where I Can Cry": Religion in a Context of Displacement: Congolese Churches in Kampala / Alessandro Gusman
11. Men of Love? Affective Conversions in Township Streets / Hans Reihling
Paper ISBN: 978-1-4780-0626-8
Cloth ISBN: 978-1-4780-0549-0