Preface: Under Water
Allewaert, M., Ziser, M.
John Cleves Symmes and the Planetary Reach of Polar Exploration
The Provision Ground in New York: Claude McKay and the Form of Memory
Unsettling Ecocriticism: Rethinking Agrarianism, Place, and Citizenship
"We Don't Wanna Be Radiated": Documentary Film and the Evolving Rhetoric of Nuclear Energy Activism
The Nature of Fear: Edgar Allan Poe and Posthuman Ecology
Taylor, M. A.
Wondrous Strange: Eco-Sickness, Emotion, and The Echo Maker
Spinster Ecology: Rachel Carson, Sarah Orne Jewett, and Nonreproductive Futurity
* An American Body/Politic: A Deleuzian Approach * American Spaces of Conversion: The Conductive Imaginaries of Edwards, Emerson, and James * Love's Whipping Boy: Violence and Sentimentality in the American Imagination * Revolutionary Deists: Early America's Rational Infidels
* The Meaning of Rivers: Flow and Reflection in American Literature * Environmental Evasion: The Literary, Critical, and Cultural Politics of "Nature's Nation."
Merola, N. M.
* Women Writers of the American West, 1833-1927 * Lost Homelands: Ruin and Reconstruction in the Twentieth Century Southwest
Hamilton, A. T.
* In Search of the Black Fantastic: Politics and Popular Culture in the Post-Civil Rights Era * Neo-Segregation Narratives: Jim Crow in Post-Civil Rights American Literature
Ongiri, A. A.
* Ingratitude: The Debt-Bound Daughter in Asian American Literature * How to Be South Asian in America: Narratives of Ambivalence and Belonging * Writing the Ghetto: Class, Authorship, and the Asian American Ethnic Enclave
* Extravagant Abjection: Blackness, Power, and Sexuality in the African American Literary Imagination * Embodying Black Experience: Stillness, Critical Memory, and the Black Body
* Kin of Another Kind: Transracial Adoption in American Literature * Claiming Others: Transracial Adoption and National Belonging
* The Troubled Union: Expansionist Imperatives in Post-Reconstruction American Novels * Secret Histories: Reading Twentieth-Century American Literature * The South That Wasn't There: Postsouthern Memory and History
* Deep Waters: The Textual Continuum in American Indian Literature * When Did Indians Become Straight? Kinship, the History of Sexuality, and Native Sovereignty
* Spiritual Mestizaje: Religion, Gender, Race, and Nation in Contemporary Chicana Narrative * Hispanic Immigrant Literature: El Sueno del Retorno
Gonzalez, J. M.
* A Jury of Her Peers: American Women Writers from Anne Bradstreet to Annie Proulx * Owning Up: Privacy, Property, and Belonging in US Women's Life Writing
Lutes, J. M.
* The American Essay in the American Century * Reading as Therapy: What Contemporary Fiction Does for Middle-Class Americans