Find us on Facebook.
1. France and Islam: Introduction–Patricia M. E. Lorcin and Paula Sanders
2. Manuscripts and Mongols: Some Documented and Speculative Moments in East-West/Muslim-Christian Relations–Marianna Shreve Simpson
3. "Barbarossa and His Army Who Came to Succor All of Us": Ottoman and French Views of Their Joint Campaign of 1543-1544–Christine Isom-Verhaaren
4. Du Turc au traître: Les chevaliers de Saint-Jean-de-Jérusalem, les Ottomans et la France de François Ier dans L'oppugnation de Jacques de Bourbon–Pascale Barthe
5. "Au Coin des Rues Diderot et Moïse": Religious Politics and the Ethnography of Sufism in Colonial Algeria, 1871-1906–George R. Trumbull, IV
6. A Muslim Jamboree: Scouting and Youth Culture in Lebanon under the French Mandate–Jennifer M. Dueck
7. CALL FOR PAPERS
8. Recent Articles on French History–Jean-Pierre V. M. Hérubel
If you are requesting permission to photocopy material for classroom use, please contact the Copyright Clearance Center at copyright.com;
If the Copyright Clearance Center cannot grant permission, you may request permission from our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
If you are requesting permission to reprint DUP material (journal or book selection) in another book or in any other format, contact our Copyrights & Permissions Manager (use Contact Information listed below).
Many images/art used in material copyrighted by Duke University Press are controlled, not by the Press, but by the owner of the image. Please check the credit line adjacent to the illustration, as well as the front and back matter of the book for a list of credits. You must obtain permission directly from the owner of the image. Occasionally, Duke University Press controls the rights to maps or other drawings. Please direct permission requests for these images to email@example.com.
For book covers to accompany reviews, please contact the publicity department.
If you're interested in a Duke University Press book for subsidiary rights/translations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the book title/author, rights sought, and estimated print run.
Instructions for requesting an electronic text on behalf of a student with disabilities are available here.
Sign up for Subject Matters email updates to receive discounts, new book announcements, and more.